Shakespeare Rap

Many of the Shakespeare/Hip-Hop poems/raps turned out excellent. And hopefully we've learned that Shakespeare isn't all that intimidating, or different, from language used today. At the very least, we've seen that the 16th and 21st centuries both use similar literary devices: alliteration, analogies, and rhyme. Here's an excellent rap constructed by a few of your classmates (note the 14 line format; very sonnet-esk):

You make my heart skip the beat that I drum to,
you're all I ever wanted, but I'm terrified of you.
I love you with so much of my heart that none is left to protest;
love is merely a madness.

O, how I love thee! How I dote on thee!
See, I used to be a player, and all of this is new to me.
Sweet music will start, I want you to be the music of my art;
send your soul through your lips to my heart.

For such as I am all true lovers are,
if music be the food of love, play on.
You're everything, sometimes I get nervous when I'm in front of you,
the course of true love never did run smooth.

Walk this earth for her glory, I'm grateful;
to be in her presence, I try to stay faithful.


No comments:

Post a Comment